Attention please! Spanish Consular Services- Part II

This week I wrote a post explaining the counties that belong to the jurisdiction of the Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh. Somehow, the blog does not show the entire list so I now take the opportunity to provide the list in a more direct format.

To summarise what I was saying in my previous post, the Spanish Consulate in Manchester is no longer operative. If you live in one of the areas below you will now depend on the Consulate in Edinburgh, specially if you are Spanish or require something from the Spanish Consulate.

Cheshire, Cleveland, Cumbria, Durham, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, North Yorkshire, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, West Yorkshire and Northern Ireland.

I hope this time it can bee seen properly on the blog! If not, drop me an email and I will be happy to provide further information.



4 responses to “Attention please! Spanish Consular Services- Part II”

  1. Ken Avatar

    Hi , I was bequeathed a 50%portion af my fathers appartment in Tenerife 10years ago , We now wish to sell ( my Mother and I ) , I have been asked for a NIE number . I have a completed EX-15 form but am a little confused . The form says I dont need an appontment but forums on the internet say I do require an appointment (edinburgh office ). They also say it can take up to 3 months, I have the buyer there with the money now .
    Is ther anyway I can speedup the process to get a NIE number please .
    Ken Charlton Northumberland

  2. AntonioGuillen Avatar

    Hi Ken
    I would strongly recommend you to set up an appointment. Otherwise you take the risk of making the trip in vain.
    The NIE will take approximately 3 months. It may take less if you appoint an address in Spain for the delivery of the NIE. If you are in a hurry, then the quickest way is to apply in person at the local police station in Spain. Please let me know if you need more information.

  3. Abid Avatar

    hi, i am a student at University of Sunderland. I want to have a visit to Spain, Please tell me do i need to book an appointment with the spanish consulate or tell me how can i apply. Thanks

  4. AntonioGuillen Avatar

    Hi Abid. Where do you live and which is your nationality? For instance if you are British then there is no need for a visa. On the other hand, if you are not European you will most likely have to contact the Spanish Consulate. If you live in the UK this will be either London or Edinburgh depending on where you live. The Consulates have a useful website and it is always better to contact them by email. Regards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *